top of page

After school activities

Público·7 miembros

A Guide to the Best Primary Boarding Schools in Harare Zimbabwe

Primary Boarding Schools In Harare Zimbabwe

If you are looking for a quality education for your child in Zimbabwe, you might want to consider sending them to a primary boarding school in Harare. Primary boarding schools are schools that provide accommodation, meals, and supervision for students from grade one to seven. They are popular in Zimbabwe because they offer a high standard of learning, a rich variety of activities, and a supportive community for children.

Primary Boarding Schools In Harare Zimbabwe

There are many benefits of sending your child to a primary boarding school in Harare. Some of them are:

• Your child will develop independence, responsibility, and self-discipline.

• Your child will have access to modern facilities, qualified teachers, and diverse resources.

• Your child will enjoy a balanced curriculum that includes academic, artistic, sporting, and cultural subjects.

• Your child will make lifelong friends with students from different backgrounds and cultures.

• Your child will be prepared for secondary education and beyond.

However, choosing the best primary boarding school for your child in Harare can be challenging. There are many factors to consider, such as the school's reputation, fees, location, size, ethos, curriculum, facilities, staff, and alumni. To help you with your decision, we have compiled a list of three of the best primary boarding schools in Harare Zimbabwe. These are:

• Lilfordia School

• The Heritage School

• Maranatha Schools

In this article, we will give you an overview of each school's features, achievements, and testimonials. We hope that this information will help you find the perfect primary boarding school for your child in Harare.

Lilfordia School

Lilfordia School is the oldest private primary school in Zimbabwe. It was founded in 1910 by Mr. J.P.R. Wallis as a farm school for his children. Today, it is a small, single streamed, rural boarding school set amongst beautiful Miombo woodland on a 44Ha site. It has about 200 students from grade one to seven.

Lilfordia School is a school that promotes organic growth and allows children to be children in an empathetic and caring environment. It prides itself on revealing and nurturing the talent in each child, giving each child confidence through multi-faceted academic and extra-curricular activities. It also fosters an enthusiastic, creative community of learners prepared to continue their intellectual, emotional, and physical development.

Some of the highlights of Lilfordia School are:

• It follows the Cambridge International Primary Programme (CIPP) which covers English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Art & Design Technology.

• It offers a wide range of sports such as rugby, hockey, cricket, tennis, swimming, athletics, cross country, golf, squash, horse riding, and fishing.

• It has a strong emphasis on music and drama with regular concerts, plays, festivals, and competitions.

• It has a mentorship programme that pairs older students with younger ones to provide guidance and support.

• It has a modern kitchen that provides healthy and hearty meals and teas for the students.

• It has a 24-hour nursing care by fully qualified nurses and a resident doctor who visits weekly.

NameTestimonial

Mrs. Tendai Moyo (Parent)"Lilfordia School is more than just a school. It is a family. My son has been at Lilfordia since grade one and he loves it there. He has grown so much academically, socially, and emotionally. He has also discovered his passion for music and drama thanks to the amazing teachers and facilities at Lilfordia."

Miss Rumbidzai Chikwava (Student)"Lilfordia School is my second home. I have made so many friends here who are like my brothers and sisters. I enjoy learning new things every day from my teachers who are very kind and helpful. I also love playing sports and music with my friends. Lilfordia School is fun!"

The Heritage School

The Heritage School is one of Zimbabwe's finest independent schools. It was established in 1996 by Mr. Rob Burrett as a co-educational day school with an international outlook. Today, it is a co-educational independent boarding and day school with over one thousand pupils from nursery to sixth form.

The Heritage School's vision is to be the best co-educational independent boarding and day school in Zimbabwe. It aims to equip its pupils with the skillset and mindset to enable them to thrive globally. It also strives to educate its pupils to the highest levels of academic achievement, to enable them to reach and expand their potential, and to prepare them to become productive, responsible, ethical, creative, and compassionate members of society.

Some of the highlights of The Heritage School are:

• It follows the British National Curriculum adapted for Zimbabwe which covers English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities, Languages, Arts, Technology, and Physical Education.

• It offers a variety of sports such as soccer, basketball, netball, volleyball, hockey, rugby, cricket, tennis, swimming, athletics, and chess.

• It has an outstanding arts programme that includes music, drama, dance, visual arts, and media studies with regular shows, exhibitions, and festivals.

• It has state-of-the-art facilities such as computer labs, science labs, libraries, art studios, music rooms, theatres, sports fields, courts, and pools.

• It has a vibrant boarding community that provides comfortable accommodation, nutritious meals, and pastoral care for its boarders.

• It has an active alumni network that connects its graduates with opportunities for further education, career development, and social impact.

NameTestimonial

Mr. Tafadzwa Chirinda (Alumnus)"The Heritage School was instrumental in shaping my future. It gave me a solid foundation in academics, sports, and leadership skills that helped me get into Harvard University where I studied Economics. It also instilled in me a sense of responsibility towards my community and my country which motivated me to start my own social enterprise that empowers rural farmers."

Mrs. Nyasha Mutasa (Teacher)"The Heritage School is a wonderful place to work at. It has a supportive management team that encourages professional growth and innovation. It also has a diverse staff body that brings different perspectives and experiences to enrich the learning environment. Most importantly, it has amazing students who are eager to learn and excel."

Maranatha Schools

Maranatha Schools are Christian schools that offer junior and senior education located in Harare and Kadoma. They were founded in 1983 by Pastor Tom Deuschle as part of Celebration Ministries International. Today, they have over two thousand students from preschool to sixth form.

Maranatha Schools

Maranatha Schools are Christian schools that offer junior and senior education located in Harare and Kadoma. They were founded in 1983 by Pastor Tom Deuschle as part of Celebration Ministries International. Today, they have over two thousand students from preschool to sixth form.

Maranatha Schools' mission is to provide quality education based on biblical principles that produce godly, well-rounded, and successful individuals who can positively impact their world. They also aim to develop students' spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional potential through a holistic approach to education.

Some of the highlights of Maranatha Schools are:

• They follow the Zimbabwean National Curriculum which covers English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Religious Education, Languages, Arts, and Life Skills.

• They offer a range of sports such as soccer, netball, basketball, volleyball, hockey, rugby, cricket, tennis, swimming, athletics, and badminton.

• They have a strong focus on music and worship with regular concerts, choirs, bands, and praise teams.

• They have modern facilities such as computer labs, science labs, libraries, art rooms, music rooms, auditoriums, sports fields, courts, and pools.

• They have a boarding option for senior students that provides comfortable accommodation, healthy meals, and spiritual guidance for its boarders.

• They have a vibrant student body that participates in various clubs, societies, and outreach programmes that enhance their leadership, service, and character development.

NameTestimonial

Miss Chipo Moyo (Pupil)"Maranatha Schools are the best schools ever. I have been at Maranatha since preschool and I have learned so much from my teachers and friends. I love how we pray and worship God every day and how we learn about His word and His ways. I also love how we have fun and play different sports and music. Maranatha Schools are awesome!"

Mr. Tinashe Chikwanda (Staff)"Maranatha Schools are more than just schools. They are a ministry. I have been working at Maranatha for over ten years and I have seen how God has blessed this place and the people in it. I enjoy teaching and mentoring the students and seeing them grow in their faith and their talents. I also appreciate the support and fellowship of my colleagues and the management. Maranatha Schools are a blessing."

Conclusion

In conclusion, primary boarding schools in Harare Zimbabwe are a great option for parents who want to give their children a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. They offer a variety of academic and extra-curricular opportunities that cater to different interests and abilities. They also help children develop important skills and values that will prepare them for their future endeavors.